Sunday, June 01, 2008

I write this post from my sickbed more or less. This past week i've been knocked back by a pretty heavy cold. It hasn't been pleasent. I guess its more or less due to the fact that winter (one of nvercargill's 2 seasons) is approaching fast. The good thing is that i'm not the only one affected. Quite a few people at the Grand are falling ill.

On a differen subject, i've started doing something quite alarming...don't panic, its nothing bad...well depends how you take it really. I have only been in the deep south since february, so thats like only 4 months right? Well I have started to roll my "r's" especially in "Nurse", "Burger", "Work".

I apologise that this post lacks substance, but i've been so run down, i'm finding it hard to actually type this post.

Posted below is a poem I wrote during the families "Secret Beach" Holiday with Kurt and Hine

Until I write again,

~Sam

Mahinepua Bay
----------------------------------------------------

Jagged grey rocks line the bay
The waves crash into the shore
In an uncaring embrace //
//
The afternoon mist
A whirling maelstrom of fog
Blankets the landscape in shimmering moisture //
//
The late sun sets low in the sky
The fog retreats and
The land is tinted gold //
//
The crashing waves echo
Penetrating the quite night air
As the world lays down to sleep //
//

No comments: