Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Long Belated Update

I know its been a while since I updated the old faithful blog. A lot has happened. Brett, Matt and I have moved into a nice new flat that has cheaper rent. Its a beautiful old house with a nice patterned ceiling and a fireplace. I have also started a new job. Yep I finally left the Canterbury Shop and am now working for a career support/youth transition service called the Canterbury Youth Transition Service or CYTS for short. It is based on the Workin It Out model already in place in Southland. For more info check out their website at http://www.wio.co.nz

Part of my job is to provide internal tech support for the computers and phone system we use. The other main part of it is to follow up on school leavers throughout the whole Canterbury Region and see how they are doing with work, study or training since leaving High School.

Even though we are a new service operating in Canterbury we have had such a warm reception which makes the job all the more worthwhile.

I have a ton of photos to post when I have them uploaded. They include pics of our new flat, my job and other bits and pieces.

In other news, this saturday with a bit of luck I will be travelling to Curio Bay for a camping trip with SGNLS* Invercargill. And this saturday also marks One year and Eight months together with Brett.

A lot has been happening this year which I have neglected to tell. Mum and Lucy came down to Invercargill for a couple of days for a short break. I am so glad they did as it gave them a chance to see where I live and for them to meet Brett.

The weather has also gotten worse down this end of the country. Walking to work today I was almost bowled over by some huge winds. And in the midst of the horrible weather, the Tour of Southland started today. Poor cyclists trying to contend with the southern wind.

Anyways, best head off and back to work. More updates coming soon...I promise

~Sam xx

* Southland Gay and Lesbian Support

No comments: