Monday, August 25, 2008

New Week

So i got a facebook message from dad telling me to update my blog. Well a new week has started here in the deep south. I must admit I had a pretty guiet weekend. Brett stayed at the Grand and we hung out with a few mates and watched some tv. I love lazy weekends when its quiet.

Anyway so today Brett departs from Invercargill for 3 days to Auckland so he can undergo induction training for ANZ. He is staying at the Waitakere Estate for the duration of the course. I also handed in my 30s commercial for Practical Filming. I would post a youtube link for it, but I don't have the clearance for the actors. So instead I might put it on CD and post it up.

I've also been hearing from Mum and Dad through email and a couple of postcards. The last couple of weeks however have been a bit rough. I've seen the SIT nurse and the SIT counsellor. I think I will be making another appointment with her.

I also offer my sincere apologies for the no update recently. I've been snowed under at Tech and my internet decided to play up. Damn Wireless Router lol. So anyways in Web and Graphic Design we have been doing HTML websites which I am flying through. I guess the only bad thing is the tutor hardly lets me answer questions...unless nobody else can answer. I've also been helping a few of my classmates with HTML code and I helped one of my floormates at the grand with her Poster assignment.
Today, Patrick, the Practical Filming tutor gave us one last chance to drop out of the Practical Filming paper - which there is no chance of me doing - I've dreamed of making films since I was about 6 years old when Dad used to bring home the clunky old VHS Analog Cameras. Since being at SIT i've almost orgasmed (pardon the expression) at the opportunities to use Professional equipment in out productions.

My next big undertaking is to learn about CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) for Web Design and also to complete the Pre-Production for our 12-15 short film project.

This week in Business and Legal Studies we are studying the Law of Contract which will help for the end of year assignment where we have to talk about a national event and do budgets, hiring,legal aspects etc. So I decied to do the Motu Challenge seeing as I can contact the organisers and sponsors when necessary.

Well now it seems i'm beginning to rant a wee bit, so I will rant just a bit more.

I have now got a new film obsession. "Rent". Based on the stage show, its got the most amazing music which I intend to buy. Also one of my musical friends landed a role in "Forbidden Broadway", a musical show which pokes the piss at other musicals. So as a lead actress she got Brett and I free tickets to the Final Dress Rehearsal, so I will have to take my camera and post some images on flickr.

Well thats it from me for a couple of days and I will hopefully have more to say and less to rant about :)

~Sam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to read about all those neat and exciting things you have been getting involved in. The course and move to Invercargill seem to have worked out perfectly.

I wish I was a bit more aware of the passion for film and have gopt more involved. Oh well, at least I brought the old scungy cameras home. I can share your passion now by keeping up with your postings. Go for it, Sam!

Opotiki College Bookclub said...

Great post Sam - now feel up to date with you. Check out my new venture! via dads blog. Any help appreciated! Sounds as though you have got things organised at school - well done. Love and hugs, Mum

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

Good to talk to you today Sam & to hear that you were enjoying the warmer weather, Thanks for giving me the tip re HTML. Check out my blog so you can boost my counter.