Friday, December 08, 2006

Auckland Day 1


Welcome to Hobbiton, originally uploaded by enetheru_2006.

Today was clearace day at School. I got all my school subjects signed off and recieved my school magazine. At 1:50 I hauled myself off the couch and drove back to school where I initiated a luggage transfer from mum's car to dad's car, before depositing mum's car at Kurt's. At was after two -which happened to be the time we planned to leave- when we finally left school. We had a slight delay at BP when Dad started talking about Bus Routes. At long last we were underway. It was smooth sailing ahead albeit a hot sailing. Delays were still present, in the form of Roadworks. We stopped in Matamata -or Hobbiton to all those tolkein fiends out there- for a lunch break. Upon hitting the motorway there was a bit of indecision about which exit to take. We eventually settled on Newmarket which took us almost entirely to our Hotel. We stayed in a fairly nice hotel, The Kingsgate Parnell. We had a delicious dinner at what looked like a small family run Italian Restaurant, an absolutely delicious Sirloin Steak. Further up the road I had a delicious Caramel Frappé at a place called The Chocolate Boutique. There Dad and I debated about whether or not we knew the girl who was serving is. Turned out we did. After feeling slightly bloated we began to walk back to the hotel whilst sipping our drinks. Sitting in my bed I could hear the almost constant flow of traffic outside my window thundering along Gladstone Road. I wasn't too concerned because I was unsure how much sleep I would actually get.

No comments: